Trust Governance Lead
The Trust Board seeks to appoint a Trust Governance Lead, on a 0.4 permanent, part-time basis from 1 September 2022 initially but expansion could result in increased hours over time. You will be responsible for leading the provision of independent and authoritative expert governance advice, guidance and company secretarial support to the Members, Trust Board and its committees, executive and senior leaders and the Central Clerk Team. This is to enable the delivery of highly effective and ethical governance in line with the Trust’s vision, ethos, strategy, and policies to serve the best interests of all pupils.
What We Can Offer You
- Employer contributions to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities as the Trust grows
- Handover, transition and/or coaching and mentoring support provided by an experienced external company secretary and trust governance lead. The latter could be helpful particularly if you have not worked in the education sector previously.
- Access to continuous professional development via Trust membership of sector professional body/ies including the Confederation of School Trusts and Somerset Governor Services.
- Annual leave of 25 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays rising after 5 years
- A flexible approach to work life balance
Please see the recruitment pack for more information: Download Recruitment Pack (PDF)
Salary: NJC Scale Points 35 - 40 (£39,571 -£44,624) pro rata
Base: At a Trust location with travel to schools and flexible working from home as per Trust policy.
Stage 1 - In the first instance, if you are interested and are suitably qualified and experienced with rights to work in the UK, please share your up-to-date CV and contact details with the CEO. Please also advise if you would like an informal conversation before moving to the next stage. The CEO can be contacted via HTaylor@theDcet.com
Stage 2 – to apply formally and comply with the Trust’s safeguarding policy all applicants will need to complete a CES model application for Support Staff and email it to the CEO via HTaylor@theDcet.com
Application Form (PDF)